Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Pat's family is very Irish and have always had corn beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. It's been a long time that my kids have experienced this meal and after some nudging from my mother in law that making this meal is easy we decided to give it a try for the first time this year. Pat ended up cooking the meal (which was very smart, it turned out great) and I put together a little program of some history and games for my kids to play to celebrate their heritage. We invited Brian over as Lacey and Kylee were out of town. Hesitantly he agreed and ended up surprised that he enjoyed our meal. I ended up learning this weekend that I also have lots of Irish ancestors in my family! Who knew!

We also had alot of fun on this holiday with the daycare! We had green juice and green macaroni and cheese for lunch and green cookies. The green macaroni didn't go over as well with everyone as I thought! Oh well! And all of the parents were on the ball and dressed everyone in green so we couldn't pinch anyone either!!

No comments: