Friday, September 4, 2009

What I Do To Keep Me Sane During The Day

I love to read and I love to run. I found this book at Borders and bought it on a whim. I think this one of the best books that I've ever read for me. It's nothing fancy, not even very big, but I think it's exactly what I needed in my life. This guy has done things that I will never come close to accomplishing in my life and that's ok, especially after reading how hard it was for him. What I connected with him was his passion to run and his need to run. I realized after finishing this last night, how much I mentally need to run as well as physically. I've always looked at working out as a bonus if I get to it, but as life is more and more hectic, I'm finding what a crabby person I am on the days I don't workout. And how life just moves along easier when I do. It's hard to get up early and it's hard to run, but the high I have afterwards and continues to stay with me is becoming as necessary for me as air. I love his quotes and his humor, but I really love his honesty. I'm not a great runner, but I have alot of goals I want to accomplish and I'm grateful to have read this to give me the push to really focus on them. If you love to run, read it, it's truely inspiring! http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/

3 comments:

Bunch of Brooks' said...

OK, so I'm not a runner, but I did just join a gym in hopes of toning my saggy body and giving me extra boosts of energy...we'll see what happens:)

Mark and Jana said...

sounds like a good book

Rachael and Justin said...

I completely agree! Working out is essential for me! I turn into a monster if I haven't worked out in a long time! I'm realizing that it's really not an option! SOOO...When are we going to start running together???? ha. (I'm going to convert you to some triathlons next year! SO FUN! and SO worth it!)